Monday, January 07, 2013

Through the Past Dorkily: Lazy Saturday

Editor's note: Through the Past Dorkily is a recurring feature that looks back at the embarrassingly dorky diary I kept as a 16-year-old in 1984.  

Saturday, January 7, 1984

Not much doing today.

I did my French today and then I called the delectable [redacted] to ask her about the Geography term paper. It's due on Friday the 13th. I haven't started yet.

All I did all day was sit around and laze.

Pretty boring.

- The Barbarian

Postscript: Not a real shocker that weekends in January were boring in rural southern New Hampshire. I didn't have a driver's license yet, so it wasn't like I could go anywhere. And we didn't live in an actual neighborhood but rather on a 3-acre plot alongside a two-lane highway heading out of town, so I couldn't just walk over to a friend's house or anything. What is a bit disturbing is that I used the term "delectable" to describe a female classmate. Yecch. Although in my defense, she was fairly attractive. Fear not, there will be many more clunky teenage laments to come.

No comments:

Day After Day #84: Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Can't You Hear Me Knocking (1971) ...