Just a few more hours until they rock the bells to welcome in 2006. After a few days of relatively warm and wet weather (40s and 50s), it's pretty damn chilly out there today. We're taking the girls to the downtown Beverly First Night festivities for kids, which include face painting and music. Then we'll come home, put them to bed and enjoy some steak tips and vino.
Can't end the year without listing my top 10 albums (yes, I still listen to albums) of 2005:
1. Queens of the Stone Age--Lullabyes to Paralyze
2. Spoon--Gimme Fiction
3. The New Pornographers--Twin Cinema
4. Green Day--American Idiot
6. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists--Shake the Sheets
7. Greg Dulli--Amber Headlights
8. The White Stripes--Get Behind Me, Satan
9. Bloc Party--Silent Alarm
10. Death from Above 1979--You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
Honorable mention: Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation--Mighty Rearranger; Bob Mould--Body and Song; The Mars Volta--Frances the Mute; Early Man-Closing In; Elliott Smith--From a Basement on the Hill
Good stuff I haven't had enough time to listen to: Drive By Truckers--The Dirty South; My Morning Jacket--Z; Rogue Wave--Descended Like Vultures; Danger Doom--The Mouse and the Mask
Rock on, rockers. Catch you on the flip side.