Friday, October 31, 2003

Well, getting ready to head off to NYC tomorrow morning for the marathon. Deb and I are driving in to the expo where I'll pick up my number, and then we're staying in Manhattan with her uncle. Then it's up at the crack o' dawn on Sunday to catch a bus to the start, where I'll wait around until the race kicks off at 10. The weather is supposed to be in the mid-60s and cloudy, which is pretty great. Originally they were predicting temps in the 70s, which is too warm, but it'd be easier to take than the 70-degree weather we had for the Boston Marathon this year, which came after training in cold weather all winter. Anyway, wish me luck. P. Diddy's running the race, too, so we'll see if I can beat him. Will Ferrell kicked my butt in Boston this year, but he had the advantage of training in warm weather; on the other hand, in 2002, I totally whupped Mario Lopez's (Slater from "Saved by the Bell") ass by more than an hour in Boston, but he had a sprained ankle. Whatevah.

So I'm sitting at my desk yesterday minding my own business when our HR honcho Bernie walks in and drops a couple of $82 tickets for the B's-Habs game last night. The seats were awesome...four rows from the ice by one of the nets. Closest I've ever been for a pro hockey game. I ended up going with my buddy Matt. Bruins lost 1-0 in OT.

I think we had about five kids come by for Halloween tonight, which is three more than usual. We took Hannah to a couple of our neighbors' houses, but she was pretty cranky by that point. She sure made a cute giraffe, though.



No comments:

Day After Day #75: Word Up!

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Word Up! (1986) When you watch old music...