Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Werd. Getting psyched for the Radiohead/Malkmus show at the Tweeter Center tomorrow. Should be great. I saw Radiohead almost two years ago to the day at Suffolk Downs, which is a crappy place to see a band. Hopefully we won't have any thunderstorms tomorrow night.

I also spent part of the day mapping out our drive to Toronto. We're planning on staying in Syracuse next Tuesday night, then hitting Niagara Falls on our way to Toronto the next day. Splitting up the drive definitely makes it easier on Hannah, not to mention me.

Even though their season's going down the tubes, I'm excited to see a Blue Jays game next week. It'll be my first baseball game since last September, when I went to a game while in Atlanta for work. I haven't been to a game at Fenway in two years for no particular reason. It's a great place to see a game, but I've been lazy about ordering tickets and they get snapped up quickly. Can't believe Springsteen's playing there next month. The whole stadium might collapse.

I think I forgot to mention the 5K I did last Thursday in Beverly. It was my fastest ever, at 21:30, a 6:55 pace. I just figured I'd see how fast I could go and ran all out. Most of the time, I pace myself a lot better, but it was fun to kick out the jams.

A so-called shout-out to my buddy Jay Breitling, who's getting married this coming weekend in Pennsylvania. I won't be able to attend, but some of our fellow ex-Webnoizers will be there. That's one wedding that's bound to be a blast.

No comments:

Day After Day #75: Word Up!

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Word Up! (1986) When you watch old music...