Thursday, June 11, 2009

Show Me How This Thing Works

Man, we have had some crappy weather around here lately. Just rainy, cloudy, chilly and blah. Some June we're having. The weekend is supposed to be sunny and in the 70s, so let's hope it happens. This stuff is just depressing.

Lily had her last day of preschool today. Hard to believe she's going to kindergarten in the fall. Meanwhile, Hannah was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday and after getting some antibiotics is feeling a lot better. Unfortunately, Tuesday morning she woke up early and was vomiting bile every so often; she hadn't eaten much of anything for two days. We were worried she wouldn't be able to eat anything and she couldn't take her medicine on an empty stomach, but eventually she got some food down and by the end of the day was back to normal.

Just got back from my second night of hockey this week at Pingree. I don't plan on playing twice a week all the time, but it was fun to do it. Scored a couple of goals Tuesday night, but tonight I found myself on defense most of the night. No goals were scored while I was on D, though, so that's something, although it probably has more to do with the goalie than anything else. Not as many high school kids played tonight, mainly because tonight was prom night in Beverly.

We've got a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow, I'm going out after work for a farewell party for my supervisor, who took another job. I plan to be home by 8 to watch game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. Go Pens! On Saturday, Hannah's got her last soccer game of the spring and then we're heading up to NH to take my mom out to dinner for her birthday, which actually was this past Monday. We also might buy a TV while we're up there. On Sunday, I'm hoping to get together with my buddy Rick to do some podcast recording. And I need to get a long run in at some point.

Bring the noize:
  • This is a fine transcription of Joe Cocker's Woodstock performance of "With a Little Help From My Friends."
  • As I mentioned earlier, the Stanley Cup finals go to a game 7 tomorrow night. And if you make it this far, chances are you're playing with some sort of injury. An 80-game season, followed by four best-of-7 playoff rounds can lead to some serious wear and tear. In the case of Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom, it was a "near catastrophic" testicle injury. Damn, it hurt just to type that sentence.
  • So Cher's daughter Chastity is in the process of becoming a guy. As you were.
  • Now that Phil Spector is finally in jail, his freaky wigs have been confiscated, revealing his even freakier Gollum-like countenance. Yikes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New TV!! New TV!!

Jay said...

Yeah, looks like it's on hold for another week, but we're definitely getting one. I'm pretty psyched about it.

Day By Day #110: Loveless Love

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Loveless Love (1980) When it comes to ro...