Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Timing is Off

I'm pretty wiped at this point, but wanted to post something because it has been several days. For some reason, my right hamstring was really tight today, just in time for me to play hockey for the first time at Pingree. I ran 5 miles yesterday and didn't push too hard and the hammy didn't start bothering me until this afternoon, after I went to the gym and did a chest workout. At any rate, I was able to skate without any problems; it was when I was on the bench that the leg really bothered me. It was a different kind of skate in that they use a buzzer that goes off every couple of minutes to signify a line change. I've never played with a group that does that, but it's good in that it ensures that everyone gets the same amount of ice time. There was a wide age range of skaters, from high school kids to one guy who was 77 (and a pretty good player). The talent level was not quite as high as my Lynn skate, which was good since I was stuck on defense the whole night, which is not my strong suit. I played pretty well for not skating for the last month and popped in a goal and an assist. These guys skate every Tuesday and Thursday, so I should be able to get at least one skate in a week for the summer. Got home in time to watch the third period of the Penguins-Wings game; nice win for Pittsburgh to tie the series at 2.

I had planned to run tomorrow, but we'll have to see how the hamstring feels. I ran yesterday for the first time since Saturday's trail run because my right ankle was pretty tender. It hurt at first but then felt fine after a few minutes.

More cowbell:

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...