Friday, August 11, 2006

Truly Great Thing

Greetings from the Bay State. It has been a busy week, for work and otherwise. Deb's been filling in for a colleague doing some summer school teaching for the week. I've got another work deadline that I'm up against today, so this will be quick.

I cranked out another episode last night of Completely Conspicuous, my new podcast. It's a little longer than the first one, thanks to the addition of a couple of songs, coming in at just over 20 minutes. Thanks to those of you who listened to the first show and gave me your feedback. It all helps, believe me. Here's the direct link to the second episode (right click and "save as"). Give it a listen, and remember, this show is a work in progress. Listening to it now, it sounds like I still need to work on pumping up the volume.

Breathing a sigh of relief because for a while, it looked like I would have to go to a Wiggles concert in Worcester with Deb and the girls. I love my family, but that would been two hours of hell right there. Fortunately, Deb's mom was able to switch shifts at work so she could accompany the girls.

Gimme indie rock:
  • There's some scary shiite going on in the world, after British authorities busted up a terrorist plot to blow up as many as 10 U.S.-bound airplanes with liquid explosives smuggled aboard in soda bottles. As a result, airports in the U.K. and here in the U.S. have been on high security alert, imposing stricter security measures and causing major delays. Whatever it takes to make things safer, but I'm hoping things streamline a little by the time we take the girls on their first flight ever in a few weeks. We're heading down to Jacksonville for the wedding of Deb's cousin. Looks like we'll have to plan on some additional time in the airport.
  • The Red Sox are struggling, losing three straight to the lowly Royals. We'll see if they can turn it around this weekend; Deb and I will be at Sunday's game against Baltimore.

No comments:

Day After Day #103: Taxman

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Taxman (1966) When you're doing on...