Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Everything Wrong is Imaginary

Getting in my last post before we head down to Florida tomorrow for Deb's cousin Jen's wedding. We're flying out at 2:45 p.m. and hoping that Tropical Storm Ernesto moves on before we get there. The girls are excited for their first plane trip; I just hope they're not too excited on the plane. We get back Monday. As a result of the trip, I decided not to try and rush out another podcast this week. I just didn't have enough time to do it justice, so it'll be back next week. If you haven't checked it out yet, I've done four shows so far; see the links to the right for more information.

It was the end of an era last night, when we had our last Tuesday night skate in Concord. We couldn't get enough guys to commit full-time to the fall/winter session, so it ain't happening. I hope to hook on with another crew a little closer to home, but it's still uncertain.

Since I'll be gone for a few days, thought I'd leave you with some YouTube goodness. Here's a classic appearance by David Letterman with Michael Jackson on Jacksons Family special, circa 1977. Wow:



And this is unbelievable. I saw this in the TV lounge of Alexander Hall at UNH on November 14, 1985. Sam Kinison's first appearance on Letterman. At the time, just shocking, hilarious stuff. Check out Dave at the end cracking up. I had never seen anything like Kinison; we were losing it. Of course, he soon appeared in Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield and next thing you know, he's remaking "Wild Thing" and rolling around with Jessica Hahn in the video. Ah, the '80s. But this was Kinison at his best:

No comments:

Day After Day #111: Talk About Love

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Talk About Love (1987) When you're a...