Saturday, August 26, 2006

Chips Ahoy

Saturday night's alright for fighting, but I'm just hanging out here at home. Pretty busy day, actually. I got an 18-mile run in this morning and then we headed out to Littleton for a party where my friend Gary's Grateful Dead cover band played. I hadn't heard them before, but they were pretty good. It featured a potluck dinner, but we ended up leaving at 5:30 to avoid having the girls out too late. We had to stop at the mall for me to pick up some new dress shoes for the wedding we're attending next weekend, and by the time we got home, it was time to put the girls to bed.

Last night, I recorded my fourth episode of Completely Conspicuous. You can download it directly here (right click and "save as"), and now you can also subscribe to it through the iTunes podcast directory. I submitted it this week and it's now listed on iTunes, so you can have each episode show up as soon as it's up. I may or may not get one done next week, because we're leaving for Florida on Thursday. I hope to get my act together and record it Wednesday night, but if not, I'll have to wait until the following week.

Might as well jump:

  • Mucho props to my good buddy OJ, the proprietor of the fine Clicky Clicky music blog, for getting featured in the Boston Globe today as part of a profile of Boston music bloggers. He even got his picture in the print version. Of course, the writer called them "audioblogs," which technically should refer to podcasts, and OJ says his quotes in the article weren't entirely accurate. Friggin' media. At any rate, congrats to him for getting a mention and for getting on a panel at the upcoming NEMO conference on MP3 blogmafying. I've written a couple of things for Clicky Clicky and will actually write a guest post next week while OJ's out of town.
  • There's a new study out that claims that taller people are smarter. As a man who stands 5' 7", I'd just like to say that those researchers are stupid cacaheads.
  • I had to crack up at the revelation this week from a woman who said she lived with Osama Bin Laden in the mid-90s that he was obsessed with Whitney Houston and considered putting a hit on Bobby Brown to get him out of the way. Even funnier was her claim that he liked to listen to Van Halen and watch MacGyver. Can you picture Osama standing on a table playing air guitar to "Runnin' With the Devil"? Priceless.

No comments:

Day After Day #84: Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Can't You Hear Me Knocking (1971) ...