Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Color Me Impressed

Back in the saddle again after nearly a week. I've really enjoyed the weather the last few weeks: temps in the 70s and 80s, cool nights, low humidity. My midday runs have been pretty sweaty, but I had a nice cool morning Sunday for my 20-miler. I played hockey last night for the first time in a few weeks; looks like the Tuesday night skate is in jeopardy. We're having a hard time getting enough guys to commit to playing full time in the fall and winter. It's a bummer because I've skated with this crew (or variations on it) for eight-plus years.

What you gonna play now?
  • There's a new documentary out about the teen movies of the '80s and how they're so much better than the ones today. One of the key points is that The Breakfast Club accurately portrayed teen life much better than modern films. While I enjoyed that movie and Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I've always felt that John Hughes movies were anything but realistic. Funny and cute, yes, but hardly realistic. Sure, there were jocks and dorks and princesses and burnouts and weird chicks in my high school, but what about dorky jocks of East Indian descent who hung out with burnouts? Where's the movie about them? Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess the closest we got was Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.
  • So they finally arrested a suspect in the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Can't believe it's been 10 years since that happened. What a mess of a case. Hopefully, the authorities in Colorado got the right guy and won't screw things up now.
  • What the world doesn't need now: an album from Paris Hilton. Good grief. I think I'd rather listen to K-Fed's magnum opus.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #525: April 26, 2024

It's a big, bad world out there. For some, crime is a way of life. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about crime in hour...