Monday, December 29, 2003

Yargh. Must work out soon. Cavalcade of Christmas goodies quickly accumulating on waistline. Haven't done anything the last two days, mainly because I've had to get my newsletter done. The good news is I got it done today, so tomorrow I'm running, dammit.

Christmas was fun. It was good to have my mom around, and even better that Hannah was able to spend some time with her. Got some cool presents, although Hannah got most of the loot, as she should. She was cracking me up when she was opening presents, tossing aside clothes in her constant search for toys. Didn't take her long to figure that out.

I've seen some good movies that I missed in the theaters in the last few days. "Adaptation" was on HBO over the weekend...it was so meta it made your head spin. Nice touch to have the scenes on the "Being John Malkovich" set with Cusack, Keener, and of course, Malkovich. It was amazingly self-indulgent, and yet, really, really good. Then last night, we rented a couple of DVDs. I enjoyed the surreal "Punch-Drunk Love," and surprisingly, Adam Sandler proved he can actually act. Philip Seymour Hoffman is a great actor...that guy makes every movie he's in. We also rented "Old School", which I plan to watch after the Leafs game tonight. It's the second intermission right now and the Leafs are losing 4-2 to the friggin' Panthers. They're not looking good. I'm planning on going to see them play the Bruins on New Year's Day, but I sure hope they get their act in gear again.

So "Finding Nemo" has replaced "Dumbo" as Hannah's go-to movie, meaning she wants to watch it over and over again. I think I've seen it at least 12 times. Funny things, it's a great movie. Some great performances from Albert Brooks and Ellen Degeneres, as well as good bit parts by Willem Dafoe, Brad Garrett, Barry Humphries (the guy who plays Dame Edna--he's a Great White shark in this), and a bunch of others. Excellent animation, too.

Aiight, I'm outta here.

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...