Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Old Fangs

Today was a fairly monumental day. Calls to prevent the execution of convicted murderer Troy Davis in Georgia failed as Davis was put to death. R.E.M. called it quits after 31 years. Mike Modano retired after a lengthy NHL career that saw him become the highest-scoring U.S.-born player of all time. And, oh yeah, I turned 44.

It wasn't a particularly exciting birthday for me, since I spent much of it in meetings at work. Went out to dinner with Deb and the girls afterward, so that was good. I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm 44. Nothing I can do to change that. I don't feel like an old man yet, so I'm sure as hell not going to act like one.

Well, there's one thing I'll do differently next year: I want to go to the 3-D House of Beef.


No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...