Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Waiting for the Next Big Parade

One of my favorite local areas, Davis Square in Somerville, was crawling with people, police and press all day today as some unknown band called U2 was preparing to do an invite-only show/Q&A at the Somerville Theater. Of course, even with all the hype U2 has cranked up for their new album (playing Letterman all last week, showing up on Good Morning America, doing these Q&A shows), the album still "only" sold 484,000 copies last week, about half the total of their last album's debut. I'll be in Davis Square on Saturday for a much more important event: My every-so-often chowfest at Redbones with the old Webnoize crew. Before we hit Redbones, I'll be meeting up with OJ to record some jibba-jabbin' for the podcast.



Beforehand, I plan to get my long run in. Yeah, I'm back to running again. At least, I got 5 miles in today on the treadmill and felt no pain in my shin. I hadn't run since last Tuesday when I did an abbreviated 3; since then, I've been massaging and icing the area and most importantly, resting. So far, so good. I'm going to shoot to do 13 on Saturday, so wish me luck.


After months of slacking off, I finally updated my Flickr page with photos through the end of 2008, so check 'em out if you choose.


And now for something completely different...

2 comments:

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

Sesame Street? Noooo! Is nothing safe?

Jay said...

Yeah, it's so bad Cookie Monster has been forced to cut down to one cookie a day.

Day After Day #75: Word Up!

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Word Up! (1986) When you watch old music...