Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Things'll Never Be the Same

Wouldn't you know it...everything melts and thaws out last week, and then we get close to a foot of snow on Monday. Ridiculous. I was able to work from home because I went in on Sunday and brought some stuff home. Deb and the girls had a snow day. It has been pretty chilly the last few days, but it's supposed to get back up into the 50s by the weekend. And the clocks are turned forward Saturday night, so we'll get that much more daylight starting Sunday.

I got a 17-miler in on Saturday and struggled with my arches, but it's my right leg that's been bothering me the most. I've got a knot near the top of my calf and it acts up occasionally, even when I'm not running. It's pretty sore to the touch and it kills when I really start massaging it. I was only able to run 3 miles yesterday instead of the 5+ miles of speedwork I had planned. I'm going to use some ice on it and hope that it gets better. I've got six weeks to go before the marathon, so I'm not too concerned. I can afford to dial down the mileage if I need to.

Unlike last year, I acted fast when I found out about Red Sox tickets last week and managed to snag tickets to four games, including the second game of the season on April 8. Hopefully it won't be freezing that night.

Needles and pins:
  • Today was the NHL trade deadline. About 25 trades were made, most of the minor variety. The Leafs unloaded a couple of players for draft picks, as well as announcing that goalie Vesa Toskala was done for the year because he needs groin surgery. They had been playing pretty well lately, but that will probably change the rest of the way.
  • Monday marked the debut of "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" and I thought it was decent. Fallon had some funny moments, some awkward/nervous ones and some duds. But I think the show has potential. And the house band, The Roots, is positively kickass.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...