Thursday, March 26, 2009

Soul Typecast

Word up. I'm battling through some sort of sinus allergy thing that has had me congested and struggling with headaches for the last few days. Despite that, I had a kickass 5.3-miler in Marblehead at lunch in the beautiful sun. Now it's raw and rainy out, but that's supposed to go away by tomorrow. I got my Boston Marathon bib number in the mail today: 23927. Unlike last week when my back was killing me, I feel pretty good right now.


This weekend, I'm planning to head out to Newton to run the hills of the marathon course. I want to do it first thing Sunday morning, but it looks like it's supposed to pour, so I might go Saturday afternoon after my fantasy baseball draft is over. I'm actually hosting the event this year; Deb and the girls are planning to evacuate to escape the baseball nerdery. I was hoping to watch the UNH-North Dakota hockey game at 2, but I might TiVo it so I can get my run in without getting soaked. Guess I'll have to play it by ear.

My latest running column ran today about eating right while training, a topic that I can certainly relate to. It still amazes me how many comments I've gotten from people about the column; much more than when I actually wrote full time for the paper.

It was good to hang out with my brother for a few days while he was in town for business. I only get to see him once or twice a year because he's out in Peoria. The girls were excited to see their uncle, too.

I'm working a half-day tomorrow so I can go to the airport and pick up my mom, who's been in India for the last two months. She's glad to be coming back because it has been unseasonably hot there for the last little while.

No comments:

Day After Day #75: Word Up!

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Word Up! (1986) When you watch old music...