We're getting some snow right now but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow and be rainy all day, so whatever accumulation we get tonight will be washed away.
On with the bullets:
- Check out this great collection of clips posted on YouTube by a Finnish dude who overdubbed footage of well-known guitarists/bands (Eddie VH, Santana, Clapton, Steve Vai, Iron Maiden) with his own parody solos. Funny stuff, but apparently some of the artists complained and YouTube yanked the vids. Fortunately, Wired is hosting them again, so take a look while you still can.
- You may have seen this scary incident during the Florida Panthers-Buffalo Sabres game Sunday night in which Richard Zednik had his carotid artery severed by a skate blade. Amazingly, he had the presence of mind to press down on the wound and skate to his bench before he lost consciousness and bled out. As it was, he lost five pints of blood. Fortunately, they were able to get him to the hospital quickly and save his life; he's currently in good condition in the hospital. It immediately reminded me of a similar injury that happened to Buffalo goalie Clint Malarchuk back in '89. He too was saved by quick thinking by the Buffalo trainer. It's a wonder these kinds of injuries don't occur more often. Most players don't wear any kind of neck protection and this incident probably won't change that.
- Man, Obama just keeps kicking butt. He won the DC, Maryland and Virginia primaries tonight, making it eight straight over Clinton. Things are getting mighty interesting, especially since Hillary just fired her campaign manager.
- The writer's strike is officially over. Get back to work, you bastids!
- And here's a great behind-the-scenes look at the awesome Conan-Stewart-Colbert brawl.