Friday, February 08, 2008

Sick as a Dog

Hey there. I sure hope you're feeling better than I am. This cold I've been battling for the last three weeks or so has been really kicking my ass the last few days. I've been coughing non-stop, even when there's nothing to cough up. I went home early yesterday and stayed home from work today. I actually had to finish editing a book proof at home and then went in to drop it off, but after that, I've just been chilling out and watching TV and The Simpsons Movie, which I enjoyed (despite hearing mixed reviews from some folks).

I'm signed up for the Hampton Half Marathon Sunday morning up in my mom's neck of the woods in NH. I'm still hoping to run it, but it's going to be a gametime decision. I actually ran 5 on the treadmill yesterday and it was the only time I didn't cough for an extended period of time all day, but I don't think I could handle 13.1 in this shape.

Tito, get me a tissue:
  • Not a real shocker that Mitt Romney dropped out of the Republican race yesterday, but it was funny to see him getting booed by the conservative group he was speaking to. They obviously don't like McCain because of his moderate (i.e., reasonable) positions and were behind Romney, so now they're faced with an interesting dilemma: Do they get behind the GOP nominee or go Democratic? I don't see too many right-wingers flocking to Hillary or Obama, but it's amusing to see them get all worked up about it.
  • In keeping with today's theme, here are some quality rock videos: Aerosmith's Sick as a Dog (from a recent tour with Tyler on bass for part of it), Led Zep's Sick Again (from '79 at Knebworth!), and Mudhoney's Touch Me I'm Sick (from '89 in England) and Here Comes Sickness (it both rocks AND is a public health announcement).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad there's no video for Descendents' "Sick Of Me." That's a hot jam. Drink some orange juice, KoommDoggg.

Jay said...

Yeah, I'm sure I could come up with a good 20-song playlist of songs with "sick" in the title. A more recent entry would be "Sick, Sick, Sick" by Queens of the Stone Age. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go spit out some more phlegm.

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...