Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ill Communication

The good news is I feel better than I did when I last posted a few days ago. The bad news is I'm still hacking away and my chest is still full of congestification. I wisely opted not to run the Hampton Half today; I probably could have finished, but I would have been miserable and probably would have made myself even more ill. My running buddy Molly ran it and said things got pretty wet and windy out there by the ocean. It's frustrating, though; that's the first race I've ever signed up for that I didn't run. Not counting the Vermont City Marathon in 2005, which I had to drop out of months in advance because of Achilles problems; I was able to sell my number to someone else (which was allowed and encouraged by the race organizers).

So I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow and get some antibiotics and hopefully get rid of this thing. I try to avoid using antibiotics as much as possible, but in this case, I need to make an exception. As my good buddy Briggy likes to say, enuff' z'nuff.

Some more ill videos:

Run DMC--You Be Illin' (just the song, basically, but a great song)
Queens of the Stone Age--Sick, Sick, Sick
The Descendents--Sick o' Me

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...