Thursday, May 03, 2007

D is for Dangerous

Hola. Wow, the week really slipped away from me. I've been busy, playing hockey Monday and last night and meeting up with some old friends Tuesday night. And on Sunday, I ran the Ring Around the Neck 5-mile race in Marblehead, which was fun. I started out pretty fast and slowed a bit on the hills going around Marblehead Neck, but finished strong in 36:49 (by my watch), 16 seconds off my PR set at Thanksgiving. I was passed in the last mile by a young kid and grumbled a bit, but then had to laugh when I came up to the final turn to find him standing in the middle of the road blowing chunks. That's what you get for passing me in a race, right? Right? Right.

I'm looking forward tomorrow night to attending the Ted Leo and the Pharmacists show at Avalon. I've been meaning to catch one of his shows for several years now and have always missed him, so this should be good.

Pass the peas:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uhhhh... PANTS.

Day After Day #106: Doo Wop (That Thing)

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998) A lot of t...