Monday, January 29, 2007

Ticket to Immortality

Back to the work week. The party Saturday night was a blast. I stayed up until 3 a.m.--haven't been up that late in years. Fortunately, I stopped drinking around 12:30, so I wasn't too foggy in the a.m. As it was, I only got four to five hours of sleep before we had to hit the road. Deb helped out by driving the first half of the trip home. By the by, the Sedona handles pretty nicely on the highway.

Can I get a what-what?


  • Mucho props to my old Webnoizian pals OJ and Lee for getting quoted in a Boston Globe article last Friday about interactive live show notification sites like Tourb.us. Essentially, you tell the site which bands you like and it notifies you when those bands and others it thinks you will like are playing live in your area. I myself use Tourb.us and dig it.
  • Sad to hear of the death last week of Gump Worsley, the Hall of Fame goalie who was one of the last netminders to play without a mask. The roly-poly goalie won four Stanley Cups with the Montreal Canadiens and also played for the Rangers and North Stars into the mid-70s. He was 77.
  • Another sign that the robot takeover is imminent: they're running parking garages now.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...