Monday, January 08, 2007

Don't Get Me Down (Come On Over Here)

The Run to Work era is over. We bought a new vehicle over the weekend. Actually, we officially buy it tomorrow, but on Saturday we test-drove and got a great deal on a Kia Sedona minivan. We finish up the paperwork and pick it up tomorrow. I was all set to run to work today, but the wind was blowing the rain sideways, so I opted for a ride from Deb instead. I would have been completely drenched by about 10 minutes into the 70-minute run. I'm not THAT crazy.

This will be the first new car I've bought since 1992, when I got my Hyundai Elantra. I had that car for eight years, until its untimely demise after a 500-pound tree branch fell on it and totalled it. Yeah, I haven't had good luck with cars in this millennium.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, dizzog. Time to start picking out the right bumper stickers. If only I had a spare copy of the classic KF sticker "Take Your Stand Against The Man."

Jay said...

Thanks. Although I'm now convinced that putting a bumper sticker on a car I drive is the kiss of death for that vehicle. Every time I do it, shortly afterward the friggin' thing dies. Ratfarts!

Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026

By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...