Thursday, September 23, 2004

In the drink

Today was the second full day of fall, but it was about as nice a day as you'll find during the summer. Luckily for those of us at the good ship HCPro, the company chose today for a booze cruise from Marblehead to Manchester and back. It was a three-hour tour. A three-hour tour. Seriously. Even though I had a shiteload of work to do, it was nice to get away for a while, even if it was with 150 of my co-workers. Past cruises have devolved into drunken messes, so they limited everyone to two free drinks, but I managed to procure a couple of extra drink tickets. What the hey, I wasn't driving. Nobody got really drunk or stupid, although there was some bad dancing to make fun of.

The Tragically Hip show was a good time Tuesday night. Although I was surprised to find that the T stop I always park near, Lechmere, was shut down. I had to take a shuttle bus to North Station and found that the entrance to the Green Line had been moved across the street; I felt like I had been away for a few years only to return and discover everything had changed. It had only been about four months. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert except for the drunken fat-ass from New Brunswick who kept bumping into me and others, spilling beer all over the place. Afterward, I took the T back to North Station and had to walk a few blocks to catch a shuttle bus to Lechmere. Unfortunately, this meant I had to stand by myself on a dark sidestreet hoping the bus would arrive before I got mugged. It still beat parking near Lansdowne Street on the night of a Sox game.

Senor OJ has become a webcaster. Alas, it's just once a week when I'll be off playing hockey. But that doesn't mean you can't tune in. He'll be spinning the rockity rock rock for two hours next Tuesday the 28th starting at 9 p.m. here. It's a ShoutCast server run by the cool Rob "Guitar" Matthews, who spins tunes himself from it much of the time. Very cool. Right now, he's playing "She" by the Misfits, and it don't get much cooler than that.

People are always changing their names for different reasons, but this guy's new moniker is pretty funny.

The Onion does it again, this time taking aim at the crapulent faux-rockers of Matchbox Twenty.
Easy target, but humorous nonetheless.

Speaking of sucky rock artistes, nice to see former Creed poser Scott Stapp staying in the news.

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...