Sunday, November 09, 2003

Brrr, it's frickin' cold in here, Mr. Bigglesworth. Seriously, it's in the 30s out. Far cry from last weekend's 70-degree temps.

Had a real quick recovery from the marathon. I felt good enough to run on Thursday and yesterday. Not sure when my next race will be, but I'm just glad that I feel good. I might be sore after next weekend, when I play football for the first time in six or seven years with the HCPro crew. I used to organize games when I was at the paper and they were always a blast, but inevitably I'd be sore for days afterward. Should be fun.

Friday night, I went with my friend Rick to see the UNH hockey team play at BU. He's got season tickets there. Last year when we went, UNH got smoked, but this time the Wildcats kicked major arse. A 4-0 shutout, and the fourth consecutive game UNH has shut BU out. Very cool. And then last night, the Cats trounced their arch-enemies from Maine, 6-3. It's also nice to see the Leafs turning things around after getting destroyed by Philly last Saturday; they've won 3 and tied 1 since then, including last night's dominating 4-1 win over Edmonton.

Deb and I went to see "Lost in Translation" yesterday afternoon. Really good movie. Bill Murray is great in it, although it's a little weird to see him opposite 18-year-old Scarlett Johansson. Give her credit, though, she's a good actress and doesn't come off like a teenybopper. There are some really nice moments in the movie, including Murray doing an updated take on his old lounge lizard from SNL with karaoke versions of Roxy Music's "More Than This" and Elvis Costello's "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding." He's done some really underrated work in the last couple of decades, including "Ed Wood," "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "Rushmore."

Kind of a bummer Friday when I found out a woman I worked with at the Beverly Times back in tha day died in a car crash. She definitely had her demons, which led to her leaving the paper, but she was a good person underneath it all. I'll probably hit the wake this afternoon.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...