Monday, July 25, 2011

Get Back Again

I've been back from Seattle for several days now, back in the regular workday grind. But it was a great trip. I managed to pack a lot into those four days, in addition to working at the conference that was the main reason for the trip. It was great to see two buddies of mine from my days at Hanford High School in Richland, Wash., which is a good three hours from Seattle. Fortunately, they both live in or relatively close to the city, so I met Dan on Sunday after going to the Mariners-Rangers game and Andrew on Tuesday after wrapping up work.

I hadn't seen either of them since we abruptly picked up and moved to New Hampshire after the last day of my sophomore year of high school in 1983. Both of them seem to be doing well in their lives, one married with kids, the other living with his girlfriend. On the third day, I met up with our friend Cyndi, who moved out West several years ago and now lives in Seattle.

I did a fair amount of touristy things, got a couple of good runs in, took a bunch of photos (see below) and drank a lot of beer. I'd say those are the hallmarks of a good trip. I just hope it's not another 28 years before I get back to Seattle.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...