Part 3 of my podcast conversation with special guest Jay Breitling as we discuss and play music from underappreciated albums. Listen to the show below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Kumar's pick: Matthew Sweet
- Very dark followup to Girlfriend
- Breitling: Slicker
- IDM: Intelligent Dance Music
- Check out ClickyClicky Radio Thursdays from 8-10 p.m. Eastern at Boston Free Radio
- Slicker features John Hughes' son
- Kumar: The Pursuit of Happiness
- Had MTV hit in '88 with "I'm an Adult Now"
- Breitling: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start
- Worst band name ever
- Breitling: Okay Paddy
- Turned into a bluegrass band
- Straight outta Scranton
- Kumar: Drive Like Jehu
- Pete Townshend has an autobiography coming out
- Bubbling under picks
- Bonehead of the Week
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com. Use the following codes to get athletic gear from Nike, Adidas, Asics and more. AFCOMP15 will get you 10% off any order of $50 at Eastbay.com, AFCOMP20 will get you 15% off any order of $75 at Eastbay.com and AFCOMPFL will get you 10% off any order of $50 or more at Footlocker.com.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word