Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ten Years Gone

Life goes by quick. I'm reminded of that all the damn time. So when I woke up yesterday in Tampa on the last day of a four-day business trip, it suddenly hit me that it was also my 10th wedding anniversary. Amazing!

Granted, plenty has happened since then. We bought a house, had two children, I switched jobs and ran 12 marathons, Deb went to Costa Rica and did two triathlons. Sometimes you get so caught up in the day-to-day stuff, you don't realize that life is whizzing by. Later this year, I'll be attending my 25th high school reunion. Holy crap!

Fortunately, I don't feel old, even if the gray hair tends to give me away. And we're still having fun. Speaking of which, we're off to Mexico in a few days, which should be a blast. We need to do a good job documenting this stuff, because before you know it, another decade has passed.

No comments:

Day After Day #106: Doo Wop (That Thing)

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998) A lot of t...