Thursday, June 03, 2010

More Lost Time

Normally, on a Thursday night in the spring/summer, you can find me playing hockey at Pingree. However, my groin really tightened up over the last few days, so I'm doing the smart thing and taking a break. This happens to me on occasion, where all the running and skating and the GLAAAAYYYYYYVEN catches up to me. Funny thing is, before yesterday the last time I ran was Sunday in New Jersey, but I've been pretty sore the last few days. I did a fast 5 miles with my pal Molly yesterday and aggravated my groin, I guess. Today, I've been limping around like an old man. I just signed up for the Baystate Marathon in October, but fortunately I don't start training for it until next month.

Anyhoo, that actually isn't the real reason for this blogmafication. I wanted to help get the word out about a new podcast from my buddy Doobs, who's a frequent guest on CompCon and an all-around good guy. He's already been doing a movie review blog called More Lost Time, but the podcast of the same name centers around rare music from his vast collection. Seriously, anyone who thinks I have a lot of music should see Ric's collection; it's immense. I'm listening to the first episode as I type this and it's excellent. Great tunes from obscure acts like the Celibate Rifles and a few you might recognize: Guided by Voices and Beck. You will dig it.

As for my own podcasting efforts, I'm in the midst of a three-part series of shows done with my friend Matt Phillion. And this Saturday, I'm heading in town to catch The Kominas at the Middle East, but before the show, I'll be hanging with Senor Jay Breitling to do some recording on the topic of live music. Should be fun as always.

No comments:

Day After Day #111: Talk About Love

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Talk About Love (1987) When you're a...