The show notes...
- Matt moved to Ireland in late February
- Followed a girl
- Had never been out of the U.S. before
- Fun with Irish border agents
- Home straightening out his paperwork
- Massive life change
- Culture shock: Lack of water pressure
- Matt's proud to be an American
- Food's fine if you don't eat Irish
- Guinness makes a meal
- Matt ate a lot of lamb, Chinese food
- (Visit from my 6-year-old)
- Saw Hope Sandoval play
- In Ireland, everything requires a conversation
- Picking up different pronunciations
- Tipping differences
- Irish moonshine tastes sweet, smells like turpentine
- Hurling is Matt's new favorite sport: Kill the man with the ball
- Irish follow rugby, soccer, hurling--but not cricket
- Matt confronts Polish bouncer with unintelligible accent
- Never turn down a drink in Ireland
- Bonehead of the Week
The Hold Steady - Hurricane J
The Roots with Jim James - Dear God, 2.0
Wolf Parade - Ghost Pressure
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.