Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday

Just hanging out before dinner on a Sunday afternoon. It was a terrific day: Sunny with temps in the 60s. I got a nice 10-mile run in this morning while the girls were at church. Then we headed up to my mom's for the annual Halloween party her condo complex has for the residents' grandkids. The woman who organizes the thing has a screechy voice that could cut through diamonds. Deb and I tried to stay on the periphery to avoid it as much as possible. If you didn't have a headache to begin with, you'd soon acquire one. Fortunately, the Pats game was on a huge screen TV, so we watched that for a while. At any rate, the girls had fun and loaded up with their first of several trick-or-treating opportunities.

It's October 25 and the Leafs are still winless on the season after losing a 3-1 decision to Vancouver last night. Not what Brian Burke had in mind going into the season; and if he thought they would suck this badly, he would never have traded their first-round picks for the next two seasons to the Bruins for Phil Kessel. They played pretty well last night, but some stupid penalties in the first led to two power play goals for the Canucks and then Roberto Luongo shut the door the rest of the way. They play Anaheim tomorrow night, which probably won't be much easier.

I plan to record the latest episode of CompCon tonight, wrapping up the decade in rock review that OJ and I did. My next couple of shows will cover the best of the decade in sports, with my buddy Phil and I bringing the noise. The plan is for him to come over tomorrow night to record, if his schedule allows.

My latest running column was published the other day. This time around, I took a look at how to put together a road race.

Speaking of races, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the Cox Sports Marathon in Providence next May 2. The course sounds good and it's a race I haven't done before. And it's not a long drive to get there.


I was listening to Sloan's Navy Blues album this afternoon on the drive to and from NH and this song frickin' rules. They're coming to TT's in December, too:

No comments:

Day After Day #85: Gentlemen

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Gentlemen (1993) When the Afghan Whigs...