Friday, October 16, 2009

Missing Time

As I type this, Deb's on her way to San Fran. She should arrive there in a few hours and on Sunday, she'll run the Nike Women's Half Marathon. She'll be hanging with her friends Kate and Cindy and will do a bunch of sightseeing and fun stuff. Meanwhile, I'll be here with the girls. It's only a couple of days; she was gone for 10 days last year when she took a group of students to Costa Rica, so this is a piece of cake compared to that. Tomorrow, the girls both have soccer games in the morning and then Deb's mom will take them for haircuts while I get a run in. Then we'll do something fun in the afternoon, although I haven't quite figured out what yet. Sunday's supposed to be pretty crappy out here, so we may be spending most of it indoors. Then the girls have school on Monday and that night, Deb gets back.

As for me, I'll spend much of the evenings catching up on TiVo and watching sports. I'm a party animal, people.

She's not the only one running a big race this weekend. Her brother Matt is doing a 50K (31-mile) trail run Saturday through the state park that sits behind his house. I had briefly toyed with the idea of running it, but I wisely backed off on that. Matt's trained really hard for this, so I'm sure he'll do fine. He's thinking it'll take him something like 8 hours. Damn. And my buddy Rick is running the Baystate Marathon Sunday; I did that race two years ago and enjoyed it. Hopefully the weather won't be too crappy for him.

In the meantime, here's a classic salute to Friday from the great Joe Jackson:


No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #525: April 26, 2024

It's a big, bad world out there. For some, crime is a way of life. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about crime in hour...