Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Never Said I Was Deep

And just like that...it's a long weekend. I had planned to work tomorrow but with the forecast calling for temps in the 80s and the chance to play golf with a couple of friends, I decided to make it a four-day weekend. Hannah's got a half-day of school, so after I play my 9 holes at Salem Muni, I'll spend the rest of the day with her and Lily.

We don't have any huge plans for the weekend, but it should be fun. I'm getting together with Dr. Doobs on Saturday evening to record some more CompCon material. On Sunday afternoon, Deb and I will head in to Fenway to see the Sox play the Mets. And on Monday, I'm running a 5K in Swampscott. I expect we'll get some grilling done at least a few times over the weekend as well.

Ugh, just watched the Jays get swept by the Sox. They're still in first place barely, but they've gone 1-5 against the Yankees and Sox in the last two weeks. Not good. Funny, they've played both those teams tough in recent years, but for some reason, their bats went totally dead and two of their rookie starters got rocked. Oh well, there's plenty of time to get those games back, including at the end of next week when the Sox go up to T.O. It's easy to forget they've got three rookies and a converted middle reliever in the starting rotation along with Roy Halladay.

Hannah got her glasses Tuesday and so far has managed not to break them. She's getting used to them, although she still feels the need to take them off and wipe every little smudge off.

Have a drink on me:

1 comment:

Deb said...

We'll be at the Dorey Run on Monday too. Brian's turn to race. I'll be on sidelines with kids and camera. Good luck!

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...