Here's part 1 of my latest free-wheeling conversation with returning special guest Ric Dube, in which we discuss the decline of humor in print. You can listen to it in streaming audio here or download it directly here (right click and "save as").
The show notes...
- Jay and Ric reminisce about the origins of Laphos
- The Onion takes college humor to another level
- The humor magazine is dead
- SPY magazine's revolutionary impact
- Irony takes over
- Sketch comedy movies
- Comedy on the Web
- Ric's latest movie pitch: The Bipolar Express
- Pinhead of the Week
- St. Vincent - Actor Out of Work
- Sunset Rubdown - Idiot Heart
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The St. Vincent song is on the album Actor on 4AD Records. You can download the track here.
The Sunset Rubdown song is on the album Dragonslayer on Jagjaguwar Records, where you can find out more and download the song.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Additional music used in the show is by Me and Boris the Bull, which is the brainchild of the mighty Mark Campbell.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.