Thursday, April 02, 2009

Stick to Your Guns

Ooh man, I'm dragging. At least the week's almost over. I played hockey last night for the first time in three weeks and did okay, popping in a goal and an assist and most importantly, not injuring myself three weeks before the Boston Marathon. I won't skate again for another month. Next week, Deb and I are going to the Sox-Rays game at Fenway and then I'm taking the week off before the marathon and the week off after the marathon. Despite my tiredness, I got out and ran a strong 5.3 hilly miles through Marblehead at lunch today. I'm doing a 15-miler Saturday morning.

On the podcast front, I've scheduled my next two guests in the next 10 days. On Sunday, my buddy and fellow reporter at the Peabody Times Eric will come over here to talk about the sad state of newspapers. Should be interesting, since he's actually still working at a paper, the Boston Business Journal, and worked at the Herald for 11 years or so before that. And I haven't seen the dude in probably two years, so it'll be good just to hang out. Then next weekend, I'm visiting Dr. Doobs for a wide-ranging discussion on bad movies, good music and everything in between. I'm thinking I'll get at least two episodes each out of those conversations.

Sprinkle the flour...
  • Hey, happy 5th birthday to Gmail. I signed up for it on May 28, 2004, and have been digging it ever since. I still have a Yahoo e-mail account, but I've found Gmail easier and cooler to use.
  • Well, Michael Vick is about to get out of jail in July and it looks like he's going to work at a construction company. But that won't last long. Some NFL team will sign him fairly quickly.
  • Wow, some serious doings over at WHDH Channel 7, Boston's NBC affiliate, which is refusing to run Jay Leno's 10 p.m. talk show this fall. The station manager says he'd rather air a local news broadcast at 10 and Leno at 11 because he thinks news will draw better ratings than Leno's new gig, but NBC won't allow it, so he's planning to run 90 minutes of news before Conan O'Brien's "Tonight Show" at 11:35. For its part, NBC is threatening to pull the affiliation from WHDH and transfer it to another property. This one bears watching. Somewhere, Conan is laughing.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #525: April 26, 2024

It's a big, bad world out there. For some, crime is a way of life. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about crime in hour...