Ah, the week's winding down. Deb's off at a workshop in Marlborough or somewhere, so I've got the girls today and tomorrow. We're going up to visit my mom up in NH in a little while, so that should be fun.
It has been a pretty mellow week. We went to the beach Monday. I cranked through one book and am on to another. Tuesday, I went to the registry and got my new license picture taken. My last one was taken in '98; I don't too different now, except for a little less hair. But you're not allowed to have a license photo more than nine years old, so in I went. I had to wait about 40 minutes, which actually wasn't too bad considering how many people were there. I can remember some pretty horrendous registry lines when I first moved down here. Compared to those experiences, this was a breeze.
Yesterday, we took the girls to the Y's outdoor pool for a few hours and then I ran in the Lynn Woods relay with the Striders. It's a 10-mile relay; each team has four runners who do 2.5 miles each. I led off for my team in the Men's Masters (40+) and ran the leg in 18:06, 11 seconds faster than last year. It's a hilly, rocky run through the woods; I was pretty beat at the turn, but the last half was downhill, so that helped. I was almost late to the start because of traffic; got there with five minutes to spare. Our team finished last in our division; guess there's a lot of speedy guys in their 40s out there. On Friday, I'm running in the Derby Street 1-mile race in Salem; I haven't run a timed mile since high school, so it should be fun.
Okay, gotta get ready to head up to NH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stuck In Thee Garage #654: October 16, 2026
By the time Friday rolls around, the weight of the world can weigh heavy on your shoulders. Not that it goes away on the weekends, but at le...
-
Part 4 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey as we crown the winner of a March Madness-style tournament featuring our favorite rock arti...
-
There isn't enough time in the day to get everything done. And sometimes that leads to little details getting missed. Case in point: Whe...
No comments:
Post a Comment