Monday, April 28, 2008

Home Field Advantage

Well, I'm happy to say that Deb got back from her Costa Rica trip last night safe and sound and tired. She had a blast and I do believe is entertaining the thought of going again someday, but she's also glad to be back home. We got home around 9:30 last night and unfortunately for her, she had to work today, so she's extremely tired. No rest for the weary, either, because tomorrow is Hannah's 6th birthday and Deb's taking her, Lily and a bunch of Hannah's friends to Build-a-Bear at the mall. I'm on pizza procurement duty.

As for the last half of last week, it went by pretty quickly. I worked Thursday and Friday and then on Saturday, ran some errands and took the girls to our neighborhood park. On Sunday, I got a 6-mile run in before taking the girls up to NH for a party my mom threw for them at Chuck E. Cheese in Newington. It was the first time they had ever been to that particular establishment and they were a little overwhelmed at first; it's pretty much sensory overload. But they had fun. We got home by 5 and then our friend Kate came over a few hours later to babysit them while I went to the airport.

Marathon update: Six days to go until the NJ Marathon. Right now, the forecast for Long Branch is calling for showers all weekend, which doesn't sound like fun for four hours (hopefully less); of course, these things can change. I'm feeling pretty good. I had another massage tonight and the therapist said my hamstrings feel a lot looser than they did two weeks ago. Hopefully I can run a good race.

Quick bullet points:
  • Wow, this is one of the most effed-up things I've ever heard: Sick Austrian dude locks up his daughter in his basement for 24 years, raping her repeatedly and fathering seven kids by her. His wife has no clue and while three of the kids live with the him and the wife, three others have never seen daylight. How does stuff like this happen?
  • Gotta love scientific studies. First one comes out saying you can be fit and fat; now a new study says the opposite.
  • Just when you thought you'd heard all the dirt about Roger Clemens, even crazier rumors emerge: he allegedly had an affair with country singer Mindy McCready starting when she was 15 and he was 28. I hope for his sake it isn't true, because if it is, well, damn.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...