Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's So Easy

Turkey Day's fast approaching and the weather is finally getting seasonally appropriate. It's damn chilly out there. Although they're forecasting temps in the 50s on Thursday.

We had a good time down in NJ over the weekend. It was my nephew Timmy's 4th birthday bash. I was amazed at how big all the kids are getting, including my own. While I was down there, I officially signed up for the New Jersey Marathon in early May '08.

I'm still behind in my NaNoWriMo writing, but I'm almost halfway to the 50,000-word goal. Using some ancient tools known as "pen" and "paper," I was able to outline the next few chapters on the way down to Jersey.

Flip yer lid:
  • The Hollywood writer's strike drags on, meaning I can't see some of my favorite shows like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien. And it's already having an impact on regular TV programming, as shows like 24 have delayed production. I totally support the writers getting paid for stuff like DVD residuals and Internet sales of shows. But hopefully they'll work it out soon. It's pretty sad when this illustrated douchebaggery is what passes for humor. Makes me long for the days of the mighty U.S. Acres. Yeah.

No comments:

Day After Day #113: Sunless Saturday

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Sunless Saturday (1991) It's never b...