Thursday, November 08, 2007

Do Ya Wanna Get It

Hey, man. It's Thursday and I'm tired. This week is dragging, but at least I've got a long weekend coming up.

It's getting chilly out there, with temps getting down to freezing or below at night. I've been focusing most of my non-work energies this week on NaNoWriMo. As of this writing, I've got nearly 11,500 words done out of 50,000. Not bad so far, especially considering it's my first time doing this sort of thing. It has certainly given me a good kick in the butt to get writing.

Sock it to me:
  • Those overpriced old farts in the Eagles surprised everyone last week by selling 711,000 copies of their new album to top the charts, beating out the new album by Britney Spears. What made it even more remarkable was the fact you could only get it at Wal-Mart. Guess they know their target audience pretty well.
  • Strange story out of Hollywood, where a Boston-area priest was arrested for stalking Conan O'Brien.
  • The toy recalls continue. This time, it's Aqua Dots, an arts and crafts toy made up of small beads that release GHB, the date rape drug, when ingested. What will they think of next?

No comments:

Day After Day #106: Doo Wop (That Thing)

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Doo Wop (That Thing) (1998) A lot of t...