Friday, March 30, 2007

The Unwanted Things

Damn, the week went by so quickly. Last night, I was out late because of my fantasy baseball draft. I felt especially unprepared this year. I just have had so much going on I didn't have a lot of time to do research. Plus I was drafting for my buddy Matt again this year because he was on a business trip. Fortunately, I was able to draft a couple of decent teams (I think). They always look good on paper before the season starts. I ended up getting the top pick and took Albert Pujols of the Cardinals. Of course, the bad thing about getting the top pick is you have to wait until the end of the next round until you pick again because we do a reverse draft order. There was definitely a dearth of closers this year; a lot of teams seem to have question marks in that area.

Turn on the heat:
  • Here in the Boston area, we're gearing up for the Boston Marathon in a few weeks. Well, I'm gearing up to watch it, anyway. We're going in to watch a friend of my bro-in-law Matt run the race. Meanwhile, one entrant will be running her Boston Marathon from space. Pretty cool.
  • Latest weight update: I got down to 161 yesterday, although I probably didn't help myself last night at the draft when I had a few beers and Doritos. Oh, well.

Quick post today. Gotta get ready for work.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #525: April 26, 2024

It's a big, bad world out there. For some, crime is a way of life. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs about crime in hour...