Tuesday, June 01, 2004

BBQs R AOK

Hey, it's June 1. Bring on the warm weather! Oh. It's 50 and crappy out. Actually, we had a pretty nice weekend; it wasn't overly warm, but it was sunny and we spent much of it at barbecues. Works for me. I could eat grilled food every night. Tonight, we grilled some delicious pork chops. Even Hannah--a notoriously picky eater--is digging it.

Speaking of Hannah, she slept the last two nights in the bed we set up for her months ago. I'm not getting my hopes up, but she may have given up the crib. We'll see. I don't want to jinx it or anything.

So my fantasy baseball team is in dead last. No offense to speak of. I've got guys like Javy Lopez, Mike Sweeney, Vlad Guerrero, Jim Thome, Rafael Palmeiro, Torii Hunter, plus Garret Anderson and Larry Walker on the DL--and I'm last in HR and RBI. My pitching's no great shakes, either, but if I had any semblance of an offense, I'd be okay. I just have to hope some of my guys wake up. Okay, enough boring roto geek talk.

Stanley Cup finals are tied 2-2. Looks like it's going to go down to the wire.

More later...

No comments:

Day After Day #84: Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Can't You Hear Me Knocking (1971) ...