Saturday, May 08, 2004

Hey, I write some sort of blog, don't I? It's been over two weeks since my last posting. I saw my beloved Maple Leafs fall short once again in the playoffs, losing their second-round series to the Flyers in six games. Surprisingly, I'm not that broken up about it. They last won a cup in 1967, five months before I was born. I'm used to them losing. End of subject on that one.

At least I've got the Jays. Wow, now I really am bummed.

By the way, the conference finals have Philly vs. Tampa Bay and Calgary vs. San Jose. I'm rooting for a TB-Calgary final, with Calgary winning it all. Nice to see some new teams in there, and only one of the three is a big spender.

Detroit Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman is one of the greatest hockey players of all time. The dude took a slap shot to the eye, ending his season, but he says he plans to come back and play another year. If you don't think hockey players are tough, check this out. Yowch.

The girls are doing well. Hannah just turned 2, Lily just hit the two-month mark today, and Deb's getting ready to go back to work in a few weeks. Lily's starting to smile now, which is truly an awesome thing to behold.

The poop has hit the fan in Iraq, as photos of abuse and humiliation of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers have come out. I wasn't surprised so much that they did it, but that they were stupid enough to document it by posing for photos. What a bunch of morons.

The presidential race is shaping up as Bush vs. Kerry with Nader looking to take just enough votes away from Kerry to tip things in Bush's favor. In the interest of equal time, we should not forget some other important candidates: elfin metal legend Ronnie James Dio and IRS-hatin' country outlaw Willie Nelson. Hey, you can't make an informed decision without all the facts.

Here's something to think about the next time you fall off a roof onto a guy with a nail gun.

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...