Friday, May 21, 2004

Back in Bizness

I'm back, baby! Got the Verizon DSL hooked up tonight after doing some judicious repairs to the phone jack nearest my computer; only one of the four wires was connected to the jack. Anyhoo, it's nice to have online access again. I felt so deprived for the last week. What did we do before the Internet? I think it had something to do with going outside, but I'm not sure.

We've had TiVo a week, and already I don't know how I lived without it for so long. What an awesome appliance. The DirecTV is cool, too. That was definitely a good move.

Deb goes back to work Monday for the last month of the school year. I'm staying home that day with Lily, but Deb's mom, god bless her, will be providing the lion's share of the Lily care for the next month. That woman deserves a medal or something.

The Calgary Flames are in the Stanley Cup finals, awaiting the winner of game 7 tomorrow night between Philly and Tampa Bay. I'm rooting for Tampa, even if the NHL isn't from a ratings standpoint. Although, let's face it, hockey's never going to catch on all over the U.S. like football, baseball or basketball; it's a regional sport. I wish it would, but it won't. So let's just enjoy it. Calgary's the first Canadian team to make it to the finals since Vancouver in '94. I think they have a great shot at winning it all; they haven't even won a series since 1989 when they won the Cup (which happened just after I graduated from college...yikes).

Gas prices are getting ridiculous. They're over $2 a gallon for regular around here. This guy has the right idea.

Good beer, bad billboard.

Man, Bush just has the knack for looking goofy in just about every photo taken of him. Not that Kerry's much better. But his daughter's another story altogether. Yowza.

No comments:

Day After Day #112: Army of Me

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Army of Me (1995) When it comes to artis...