Monday, July 28, 2003

Y'know, it's not easy being a Leafs fan. They do their damnedest to push you away. Good thing I'm too dumb to know any better. Today's big signing: Josh Holden. Schedule the Cup parade! Of course, living in the Boston area, I know at least one other NHL team has similar disregard for its fans. And I take heart in the fact that J.P. Ricciardi has the Jays going in the right direction.

I, for one, am shocked--SHOCKED--that the whole Liza Minnelli-David Gest marriage isn't working out. Too bad they didn't get their VH-1 reality show, after all.

I was just on the Blogger home page and saw a link to Living Colour's blog. They're releasing a new CD in September, their first in 10 years. Hope they still kick as much ass as they used to.

There's some good stuff coming out in the next few months: Sloan, Mission of Burma's first new album in 20 years (!), and other stuff I can't think of at the moment. Excellent, Smithers.

No comments:

Day After Day #85: Gentlemen

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4).   Gentlemen (1993) When the Afghan Whigs...