Thursday, August 14, 2003

Things got pretty weird today when a huge power outage hit a big chunk of the Northeast, but not most of New England. NYC, Toronto, Cleveland, Michigan all lost power because of a power grid problem around 4 p.m. Checked in with my mom in Toronto and she was fine--I was just glad she didn't get stuck in the elevator of her high-rise. Deb's brother Matt and his family still didn't have power in NJ as of 10 p.m. The images of people flooding the streets of NYC certainly reminded me of September 11, although everything stayed pretty calm and orderly.

The Radiohead show last night was awesome. They played two hours and I thought they were better than the show I saw two years ago, which was pretty damn good itself. Thom Yorke played a lot of guitar and was all over the place, jumping and shimmying and spaz-dancing. They're one of the few bands I'm willing to travel to the Tweeter Center to see. It takes forever to get in and out of there. Didn't get home til 1 a.m., and my buddy Andrew still had to drive up to Kennebunk, Maine. Well worth it, though. Radiohead is one of the few truly great bands out there right now.

No comments:

Completely Conspicuous 635: Get Guilty

Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 2009. Listen to the episode below or download directly (right click and...