Friday, August 01, 2003

Okay, it's been a few days. You didn't think I was going to post stuff every freakin' day, did you?

It's August...summer's speeding by. Time to get serious about my training regime for the NYC Marathon in November. For me, it's all about the long run on the weekend. I'll do 10 tomorrow and add a few miles each week until I max out at 22. Although I'm not sure what I'll do when we go up to Toronto in a few weeks--don't know if I'll be able to get a 16-miler in while I'm up there. I'll figure something out. Three months of hardcore running and I'll be good to go.

We had another softball game rained out tonight. That's three so far this summer, although we're making one of them up on Sunday. Stupid rainy weather.

Watched "Say Anything" on HBO tonight for the 17th time. Damn, that's a great movie. Cusack is the man. About the only negative thing I can say about it is the fact Cameron Crowe had to let his wife Nancy Wilson throw some sappy-ass ballad shit in there. The soundtrack is awesome...Fishbone, Replacements, Soundgarden, Chili Peppers, Living Colour, and then he messes it up with some crummy Nancy Wilson song. Now she's a babe and all, and she did some decent stuff with Heart back in the '70s, but damn, dude. I guess if I was in his shoes, I'd do it, too.

No comments:

Completely Conspicuous 635: Get Guilty

Part 1 of my conversation with guest Phil Stacey about the music of 2009. Listen to the episode below or download directly (right click and...