Friday, September 01, 2017

Stuck In Thee Garage #189: September 1, 2017

Australia may be half a world away (or more), but it's made a major impact on the world of rock music. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs from Australian artists in hour 2. It's better than a bloomin' onion.



This playlist is back in black:

Hour 1:
Artist - Song/Album
Dead Stars - Smarter/Perfect Patterns
METZ - Drained Lake/Strange Peace
Queens of the Stone Age - Feet Don't Fail Me Now/Villains
A Giant Dog - Fake Plastic Trees/Toy
EMA - I Wanna Destroy/Exile in the Outer Ring
Warm Digits - Growth of Raindrops (feat. Sarah Cracknell)/Wireless World
Current Swell - It Ain't Right/When to Talk and When to Listen
Gibraltar - Cold/Let's Get Beautiful
Fotoform - I Know You're Charming/Fotoform
Maneka - My Boy Seth (feat. Sam Rosenberg)/Is You Is
The Stevens - Thristy Eye/Good
Great Grandpa - Expert Eraser/Plastic Cough
The War on Drugs - Nothing to Find/A Deeper Understanding
Broken Social Scene - Skyline/Hug of Thunder
Darto - I Am/Human Giving

Hour 2: Oz
AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog/Let There Be Rock
The Angels - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again/The Angels
Hoodoo Gurus - Tojo/Stoneage Romeos
Split Enz - I Got You/True Colours
Radio Birdman - We've Come So Far (To Be Here Today)/Zeno Beach
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning/Diesel and Dust
The Saints - No Time/(I'm) Stranded
Grinderman - Love Bomb/Grinderman
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand/Let Love In
The Church - The Unguarded Moment/The Church
The Living End - Long Live the Weekend/State of Emergency
Eddy Current Suppression Ring - I Don't Wanna Play No More/Primary Colours
Courtney Barnett - Dead Fox/Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
Tame Impala - The Moment/Currents
Beaches - Bronze Age Babies/Second of Spring


No comments:

Day After Day #114: Alcoholics Unanimous

Day After Day is an ambitious attempt to write about a song every day in 2024 (starting on Jan. 4). Alcoholics Unanimous (2009) Let's fa...