Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stuck In Thee Garage #92: August 21, 2015

Religion has always been a hot-button topic in this country. Hell, it was the reason this country was formed. While I'm sure there will always be debate over the role of religion in our society, there's no denying that there are plenty of great songs about religion. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played an hour of religion-themed music. Don't mistake that with religious music, mind you.

Well, isn't that special? 


The playlist, brought to you by, oh, I don't know...SATAN?

Hour 1
Artist - Song/Album
Destroyer - Dream Lover/Poison Season
Holy Esque - Fade/Submissions
Diet Cig - Sleep Talk/Sleep Talk-Dinner Date 7-inch
Titus Andronicus - I Lost My Mind/The Most Lamentable Tragedy
Woolen Men - Temporary Monument/Temporary Monument
Kuroma - 20+ Centuries/Kuromarama
Ultimate Painting - (I've got) The Sanctioned Blues/Green Lanes
Wolf Alice - You're a Germ/My Love is Cool
Sharon Van Etten - Just Like Blood/I Don't Want to Let You Down EP
Totally Mild - Work It Out/Down Time
Gwenno - Patriarchaeth/Y Dydd Olaf
Beach House - Sparks/Depression Cherry
Mike Krol - This is the News/Turkey
Froth - Turn It Off/Bleak
Veruca Salt - Black and Blonde/Ghost Notes
Fuzz - Pollinate/II

Hour 2:  Religion
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God/If I Should Fall From Grace With God
David Bowie - I Pray, Ole/Lodger
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus/Violator
U2 - God Part II/Rattle and Hum
Public Image Ltd. - Religion II/First Issue
XTC - Dear God/Skylarking
Chris Whitley - God Thing/Din of Ecstasy
Mark Lanegan Band - Strange Religion/Bubblegum
The Gutter Twins - God's Children/Saturnalia
Matthew Sweet - Holy War/Girlfriend
Kurt Vile - Jesus Fever/Smoke Ring for My Halo
World Party - God on My Side/Goodbye Jumbo
Pixies - Monkey Gone to Heaven/Live in Vienna, 1989
Pavement -  Heaven is a Truck/Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Bad Brains - Return to Heaven/I Against I





No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...