Part 2 of my conversation with special guest Brian Salvatore as we discuss the new Van Halen album. Listen to the episode below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Recorded via Skype
- Jay: An impressive outing for a band at this stage
- Not many bands have taken such a long break and returned strong
- Mission of Burma and the Feelies are better than ever
- Where does this rank in VH pantheon?
- Jay: Ranks 7th after first six DLR albums, ahead of Hagar
- Brian: Michael Anthony's harmonies are missed
- Brian: VH should do a tour with Dave and Sammy
- What would you pay $90 to see live?
- Brian: McCartney's current band is excellent
- Arena shows are quickly getting priced out of reach of much of public
- Brian: Bob Mould noted particularly egregious lyrics on new VH single
- Brian: Aerosmith is long overdue for a good album
- Jay: Last good Aerosmith album was more than 20 years ago
- Good run of Aerosmith albums in the '70s
- Steven Tyler has become the dude who looks like a lady
- Brian: This VH album could've been much worse
- The sad story of Jason Becker, DLR's guitarist in early '90s
- Jay: Couldn't have expected the new VH to be any better
- Brian: Interested to hear the follow-up
- Bonehead of the Week
The Hounds Below - For You and I
Dinosaur Jr. - No Bones (live)
Black Mountain - Mary Lou
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Hounds Below song is on the band's as-yet untitled debut album. Download the song for free at Consequence of Sound.
The Dinosaur Jr. song is on the DVD Bug Live at 9:30 Club: In the Hands of Fans. Download the song for free at DinosaurJr.com.
The Black Mountain song is on the soundtrack to the movie Year Zero. Download the song for free at Stereogum.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.