Part 2 of my conversation with special guest Brad Searles as we discuss band reunions, among other rock topics. Listen to the episode below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Check out Brad's excellent blog, Bradley's Almanac
- Recorded at the Sunset Grill in Allston, Mass.
- Brad's bad memories of seeing Pixies open for U2
- Praise for Stewart Copeland
- The massive influence of the Pixies
- Brad: Recording at Fort Apache was daunting
- Possible Stone Roses reunion in the works
- Codeine's doing reunion shows and releasing box set
- Chickfactor is bringing a bunch of bands back together: Lilys, Small Factory
- Guided By Voices reunites classic lineup
- The power of Janet Weiss
- Great music blogs: Chromewaves, Clicky Clicky, Largehearted Boy
- Brad recommends Soma.fm streaming radio
- Brad does a DJ night with Jay Breitling at River Gods in Cambridge, Mass.
- Making time to do things your way
- A lot of blogs died after chasing the big payout
- Bonehead of the Week
Cloud Nothings - Stay Useless
Joseph Arthur - Travel As Equals
The Cult - Lucifer
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The Cloud Nothings song is on the album Attack on Memory on Carpark Records. Download the song for free at Brooklynvegan.
The Joseph Arthur song is on the self-released album Redemption City. Download the album for free at his website.
The Cult song is on the forthcoming album Choice of Weapon on Cooking Vinyl. Download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) at TheCult.us.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.