Friday, November 18, 2011

Large and in Charge

Holy ratfarts, my brain is a puddle of mush right now after a long week at work. Probably not the best state in which to write a blog post, but I've been slacking lately. With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I'm looking forward to a little downtime next week.

I finally started running again this week, in tiny increments: Five minutes of walking on the treadmill followed by five minutes of running. Did it three times, twice at PT and once at the gym tonight. So far, I feel pretty good. Increased my speed each time.

Still, it's amazing how quickly whatever fitness level I had just dissipated. I'm about 15 pounds heavier than I was at the start of the year. This is about the heaviest I've ever been in my life; not fat by conventional standards, but I feel like a friggin' blob. Because work has been busier, I haven't been able to hit the gym with any regularity during the week. But once I'm able to really go hard after the holidays, I'm planning on increasing my activity and going on a diet to cut back on the junk. Hoping to lose about 20 pounds if I can.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my last weeks as a fat bastard:

No comments:

Stuck In Thee Garage #524: April 19, 2024

A wise man once said, "You might as well jump" and by gum, we believed him. This week on Stuck In Thee Garage, I played songs abou...