Part 1 of my conversation with special guest Phil Stacey as we discuss what happens to long-suffering sports fans when their favorite team finally wins the big one. Listen to the show below or download it directly (right click and "save as").
- Bruins' Stanley Cup win was a long time coming
- Plenty of championships in Boston in recent years
- Phil predicted Bruins win before last season
- The greatness of Tim Thomas
- Bruins did it the hard way
- Game 7 is always special
- Watching the big game alone
- Bruins had many heartbreaking losses over the years
- Last time the Leafs won the Cup, NHL was very different
- Sports is less life or death as you get older
- Texas Rangers came so close to winning
- Jay watched the Blue Jays win two World Series in early '90s
- Bonehead of the Week
Superchunk - Where Eagles Dare
The Hush Now - The Legend of Dudley Town
Guided by Voices - The Unsinkable Fats Domino
Nada Surf - When I Was Young
Completely Conspicuous is available through the iTunes podcast directory. Subscribe and write a review!
The show is sponsored by Eastbay/Footlocker.com. Use the following codes to get athletic gear from Nike, Adidas, Asics and more. AFCOMP15 will get you 10% off any order of $50 at Eastbay.com, AFCOMP20 will get you 15% off any order of $75 at Eastbay.com and AFCOMPFL will get you 10% off any order of $50 or more at Footlocker.com.
The Superchunk song was recorded especially for Halloween and is available for free download at Superchunk.com.
The Hush Now song is available for free at Bandcamp.
The Guided by Voices song is on the band's forthcoming album Let's Go Eat the Factory on Guided by Voices Records. Download the song for free from Matador Records.
The Nada Surf song is on the album The Stars are Indifferent to Astronomy on Barsuk Records. You can download the song for free (in exchange for your email address) at the band's website.
The opening and closing theme of Completely Conspicuous is "Theme to Big F'in Pants" by Jay Breitling. Find out more about Senor Breitling at his fine music blogs Clicky Clicky and Keeping Some Dark Secrets. Thanks to Bob Durling for the album art; find out more about his photography at his blog. Voiceover work is courtesy of James Gralian; check out his site PodGeek.
Completely Conspicuous is a Tan God Production. Word.